Below is an update regarding the current Coronavirus situation and Georgie’s Canal Cruises.
DUE TO CURRENT GOVENMENT GUIDLINES AND RESTRICTIONS WE ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR UPDATE ON OUR COVID GUIDELINES WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO START RUNNNING CRUISES AGAIN
WE ARE RUNNING AT REDUCED CAPACITY TO STAY WITH IN GOVERMENT GUIDELINES.
PLEASE HELP US MAXIMISE THIS BY GIVING US ATLEAST 14 DAYS NOTICE SHOULD YOU NEED TO TRANSFER YOUR BOOKING
WE ARE UNABLE TO TAKE BOOKINGS ABOVE 6 PERSONS AT THIS TIME UNLESS YOU WISH TO HOLD A WEDDING OR FUNERAL ON BOARD GEORGIE KATE .
COVID – 19 AT GEORGIES CANAL CRUISES
When the country slowly tries to get back to normal and restaurants and bars begin to re-open we are very aware we have a long way to go to get used to the new normal.
Understandably Georgie Kate being 1.85 meters wide does bring different challenges from many other leisure and hospitality establishments. We are looking to do all WE CAN as a company to work alongside government guidelines as best as we can for those that would still like to join us.
Please see below what we will be doing to work around this
-WE REQUEST ALL GUESTS REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES OR MEANS OF TRAVEL UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR CRUISE DEPARTURE TIME AND NOT TO APPROACH GEORGIE KATE BEFORE THIS TIME
– WE WILL HAVE 1 METER MARKINGS ON THE FLOOR OUTSIDE GEORGIE KATE FOR BOARDING. WE ASK YOU KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE WHEN DOING SO
– HAND SANITISER WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WALL NEXT TO THE STEPS WHEN BOARDING
– MENUS ON EACH TABLE WILL BE SINGLE USE AND THROWN AWAY AFTER EVERY CRUISE
– ALL TABLES CLOTHS WILL BE REPLACED AND WALLS, WINDOWS AND CHAIRS WILL BE WIPED DOWN AND DISINFECTED AFTER EVERY CRUISE
– ALL HANDRAILS, DOORS AND COUNTERS WILL CONTINUE TO BE DISINFECTED DURING CRUISES, AFTER BOARDING AND AFTER USE
– ALL STAFF AND CREW MEMBERS WILL BE WEARING FACE COVERINGS AND GLOVES WHEN SERVING GUESTS AT TABLES – YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN FOR BOARDING AND WHEN MOVING AROUND THE BOAT
– WE HAVE REDUCED GEORGIE KATES CAPACITY FROM 28 GUESTS TO MAXIMUM 18 GUESTS AND TABLES WILL BE SPACED APART – NO TABLES OUTSIDE OF A PERSONAL BOOKING BUBBLE WILL BE SEATED NEXT TO ANOTHER TABLE OPPOSITE THE ISLE BUT MAY BE 1 METER IN FRONT OR BEHIND.
– WE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SEAT 6 PERSONS ON THE TOP TABLE FROM THE SAME HOUSE HOLD OR SUPPORT BUBBLE
– ALL GUESTS THAT BOARD WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR DETAILS (NAME, PHONE AND EMAIL ADDRESS) SO THAT WE CAN BE COMPLIANT WITH THE NHS TRACK AND TRACE SYSTEMS (ALL PERSONAL DATA WILL STORED SECURELY FOR 21 DAYS AS PER GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES)
– ALL DRINKS WILL BE SERVED AT THE TABLE AND WE ASK YOU DO NOT APPROACH THE BAR FOR ORDERING
– WE ASK GUESTS NOT TO QUEUE AT THE TOILET AND WE WILL BE USING A SIGN AT THE FRONT OF GEORGIE KATE TO SHOW TOILET IS AVAILABLE OR UNAVAILABLE
– WE WILL BE TAKING PAYMENTS AT THE TABLE AT THE END OF THE CRUISE BEFORE WE RETURN TO AVOID ANY QUEUES
– WE ASK THAT TABLES CLOSEST TO THE DOOR DISEMBARK FIRST AT THE END OF THE CRUISE
Unfortunately, we will be unable to keep guests at a 1-meter distance when using the isle that runs through the centre when boarding, departing or using the toilet facilities on board. We do ask you bare this in mind when booking.
Understandably for many we do understand that this may not be enough for now and alternatively we will be continuing to offer our afternoon tea gift boxes, scones, brownies, cupcakes and celebration cakes for anyone who may wish to enjoy our treats from afar (pre booking via our email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07946490203
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CONTACT US REGARDS ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS AND PRIVATE HIRES for 2021 .
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE COMMITING TO BOOK, DEPOSITS ARE STILL NON REFUNDABLE UNLESS WE HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR CRUISE OR CLOSE DUE TO CORONAVIRUS. HOWEVER WE DO ASK FOR 14 DAYS NOTICE TO ENABLE US THE CHANCE TO RESELL YOUR SEATS AND WE WILL THEN BE ABLE TO TRANSFER YOUR DEPOSIT TO A LATER DATE FOR YOU.
THIS IS A DIFFICULT TIME FOR US ALL AND AS WE CONTINUE TO CRUISE ON REDUCED NUMBERS IT MEANS NOW MORE THAN EVER WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING REGARDING THIS FOR US TO BE ABLE TO MAXIMISE OUR CRUISES.
ALL GEORGIES CANAL CRUISES GIFT VOUCHERS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED BY 6 MONTHS FROM THEIR CURRENT EXPIRATION DATE SO IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO JOIN US AT THIS TIME WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. ALTERNATIVELY GIFT VOUCHERS CAN ALSO BE USED FOR AFTERNOON TEA GIFT BOXES OR TOWARDS OUR SELF DRIVE DAY BOAT WITHIN YOUR SUPPORT BUBBLE.
ALL TRAVELZOO VOUCHERS THAT WERE PURCHASED BEFORE MARCH HAVE BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL THE END OF 2020. UNFORTUNATELY WE WILL BE UNABLE TO EXTEND THESE VOUCHERS AFTER THIS TIME AND AS THESE WERE PURCHASED THROUGH AN EXTERNAL COMPANY WE ARE UNABLE TO COMPENSATE ANY LOSS
Thank you for everyone’s continuous love and support during this turbulent time.
Please follow our Facebook page to keep in touch and updated on all news and events
Georgie’s Canal Cruises