Below is an update regarding the current Coronavirus situation and Georgie’s Canal Cruises.
WE WILL BE RE-OPENING ON FRIDAY 24TH JULY 2020
COVID – 19 AT GEORGIES CANAL CRUISES
Whilst the country slowly tries to get back to normal and restaurants and bars begin to re-open we are very aware we have a long way to go to get used to the new normal.
Understandably Georgie Kate being 1.85 meters wide does bring different challenges from many other leisure and hospitality establishments. We are looking to do all WE CAN as a company to work alongside government guidelines as best as we can for those that would still like to join us.
Please see below what we will be doing to work around this
-WE REQUEST ALL GUESTS REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLES OR MEANS OF TRAVEL UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR CRUISE DEPARTURE TIME AND NOT TO APPROACH GEORGIE KATE BEFORE THIS TIME
– WE WILL HAVE 1 METER MARKINGS ON THE FLOOR OUTSIDE GEORGIE KATE FOR BOARDING. WE ASK YOU KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE WHEN DOING SO
– HAND SANITISER WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WALL NEXT TO THE STEPS WHEN BOARDING
– MENUS ON EACH TABLE WILL BE SINGLE USE AND THROWN AWAY AFTER EVERY CRUISE
– ALL TABLES CLOTHS WILL BE REPLACED AND WALLS, WINDOWS AND CHAIRS WILL BE WIPED DOWN AND DISINFECTED AFTER EVERY CRUISE
– ALL HANDRAILS, DOORS AND COUNTERS WILL CONTINUE TO BE DISINFECTED DURING CRUISES, AFTER BOARDING AND AFTER USE
– ALL STAFF AND CREW MEMBERS WILL BE WEARING FACE COVERINGS AND GLOVES WHEN SERVING GUESTS AT TABLES – YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR OWN FOR BOARDING AND WHEN MOVING AROUND THE BOAT
– WE HAVE REDUCED GEORGIE KATES CAPACITY FROM 28 GUESTS TO MAXIMUM 18 GUESTS AND TABLES WILL BE SPACED APART – NO TABLES OUTSIDE OF A PERSONAL BOOKING BUBBLE WILL BE SEATED NEXT TO ANOTHER TABLE OPPOSITE THE ISLE BUT MAY BE 1 METER IN FRONT OR BEHIND.
– WE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO SEAT 6 PERSONS ON THE TOP TABLE FROM THE SAME SOCIAL BUBBLE
– ALL GUESTS THAT BOARD WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR DETAILS (NAME, PHONE AND EMAIL ADDRESS) SO THAT WE CAN BE COMPLIANT WITH THE NHS TRACK AND TRACE SYSTEMS (ALL PERSONAL DATA WILL STORED SECURELY FOR 21 DAYS AS PER GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES)
– ALL DRINKS WILL BE SERVED AT THE TABLE AND WE ASK YOU DO NOT APPROACH THE BAR FOR ORDERING
– WE ASK GUESTS NOT TO QUEUE AT THE TOILET AND WE WILL BE USING A SIGN AT THE FRONT OF GEORGIE KATE TO SHOW TOILET IS AVAILABLE OR UNAVAILABLE
– WE WILL BE TAKING PAYMENTS AT THE TABLE AT THE END OF THE CRUISE BEFORE WE RETURN TO AVOID ANY QUEUES
– WE ASK THAT TABLES CLOSEST TO THE DOOR DISEMBARK FIRST AT THE END OF THE CRUISE
Unfortunately, we will be unable to keep guests at a 1-meter distance when using the isle that runs through the centre when boarding, departing or using the toilet facilities on board. We do ask you bare this in mind when booking.
Understandably for many we do understand that this may not be enough for now and alternatively we will be continuing to offer our afternoon tea gift boxes, scones, brownies, cupcakes and celebration cakes for anyone who may wish to enjoy our treats from afar (pre booking via our email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07946490203
Thank you for everyone’s patience and understanding and we cant wait to see you on board soon
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CONTACT US REGARDS ALL FUTURE BOOKINGS AND PRIVATE HIRES FROM JULY ON WARDS. ANY DEPOSITS TAKEN AT THIS TIME FROM JULY WILL BE REFUNDABLE AND TRANSFERABLE SHOULD COVID-19 STILL BE EFFECTING OUR INDUSTRY
Please follow our Facebook page to keep in touch and updated on all news and events
Georgie’s Canal Cruises